Insulate Old Walls
AirKrete is the perfect solution for walls without insulation
Many California homes were built without insulation in the walls. Today these homes can be too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer. Many homeowners are looking for an option to insulate their walls and attic without removing drywall. 951 Construction has the perfect solution: AirKrete.
“Drill and Fill Insulation”
- AirKrete is foam insulation specially made for injecting into wall cavities.
- AirKrete foam comes out of the machine fully expanded—like shaving cream.
- AirKrete dries in the wall making a perfectly formed block of insulation.
- AirKrete stops air movement inside walls.
- AirKrete provides superior thermal performance at R3.9 per inch.
• Holes are drilled into each wall cavity.
• More than one hole may be needed to ensure a complete fill.
• Holes may be drilled in the interior or exterior side of the wall.
• Interior holes are filled with a “basic” patch, ready for finish, texture and paint.
• Exterior holes are patched with stucco and ready for paint. • AirKrete is foam made from “soap” bubbles infused with concrete.
• Finished AirKrete is an ultra light-weight block of dried concrete bubbles.
• AirKrete primary ingredients are clay powder, Magnesium Oxide cement, and Calcium Chloride.
• AirKrete is completely non-toxic.
• AirKrete is FireProof.
• AirKrete is pest resistant.
• AirKrete has excellent soundproofing properties.
Hole Sizes Used for Injecting AirKrete
- We use a variety of hole sizes, depending on the application.
- 1 inch holes are used when injecting through stucco or masonry.
- 1 ¼ inch holes are used when injecting down through a top plate.
- 2 inch holes are typically used when injecting through drywall.
- 4 inch holes are used when old fiberglass will be removed and replaced with AirKrete.
- These guidelines may change depending on the needs of a particular job.
Get the insulation your home needs!
AirKrete is the perfect solution for walls without insulationAirKrete is insulation made from fireproof concrete, and concrete doesn’t burn. If your walls and attic are insulated with AirKrete, the insulation does not allow fire to consume the framing and can save you house in case of a fire.
|Airkrete injected from the outside. Pictured here before the holes are patched.|
AirKrete for New ConstructionAirKrete is not just for old houses and may be used in new construction. We use a netting system stapled in place to create a cavity for the AirKrete. Just like in a retrofit application, the “shaving cream” AirKrete fills in the gaps and cracks around pipes and equipment in the wall. This creates a perfectly formed block of foam in each cavity.
• InsulWeb netting is used to create a cavity for AirKrete injection
• AirKrete fills behind pipes, wires, and framing.
• Creates a monolithic piece of foam insulation sized perfectly to the stud cavity.
• May be installed in attics and vaulted ceilings.
• AirKrete is at least R3.9 per inch. More than R13 in 2x4 framing and R21 in 2x6 framing.
Call and schedule your appointment today!